WorshiP & BELIEFS
OUR BELIEFS AT TRINITY...
TRINITY LUTHERAN CHURCH
· In one God in three persons: Father, Son and Holy Spirit
· All the canonical books of the Old and New Testament are the written word of God. They are verbally inspired and are the only rule and norm of faith and of practice. The Bible does not simply contain God’s word; it is God’s word.
· Because of God’s great love, He sent His son Jesus Christ into the world to save sinners.
· Jesus, although He is God, also became man by being conceived by the Holy Spirit in a virgin named Mary.
· Jesus, as God and man, suffered and died on a cross to pay for the sins of the whole world.
· Jesus physically rose from the dead three days later, and by His resurrection proved that God had accepted His sacrifice for our sin.
· Jesus, the God-man, visibly ascended to heaven where He intercedes for His people before the throne of God.
· All people have access to the salvation that Jesus earned for sinners. That access is by faith alone; it is not by anything we do, but simply by believing in Him and trusting in what He did.
· We cannot by our own reason or logic create faith in ourselves to believe in Jesus or come to Him, but rather, the Holy Spirit has called us by the Gospel. Faith is not work on our part; rather, it is a gift of God (so that no one can boast).
· Jesus Christ is truly present with His people today and makes His presence known in His Word and in His Sacraments (Baptism and the Lord’s Supper) and in the spiritual indwelling of those who trust in Him.
· God’s Word, Baptism, and the Lord’s Supper are true Means of Grace; that is, Christ Jesus is actually present in them. Because Jesus has connected Himself to the Means of Grace; through them He conveys to us forgiveness of sins, life, faith and salvation.
· The Christian life is characterized primarily by faith in the Gospel, sorrow for sin, and the genuine desire to lead a godly life. It is important to always remember that an amended life and good works are the result, not the cause of salvation.
Trinity Invited You to Join Us
9:45 am - Children’s Sunday School (all ages) & Adult Bible Class
8:30 am and 11:00 am - Sunday Divine Worship
Reminder: Each month in the calendar year that has a 5th Sunday, Trinity will have a Single Worship Service.
9:00 am Children’s Sunday School (all ages) & Adult Bible Class
10:00 am Single Divine Worship Service
Thanksgiving Eve Worship—Wednesday, November 27th at 1:00 pm and 7:00 pm
For further information please click on the link below and visit:
Lutheran Church - Missouri Synod
1333 South Kirkwood Road, St. Louis, MO 63122