Rev. Garry A. McCracken
Cell #: 314-348-2474
(in case of emergency)
1307 Boone Street
Troy, Missouri 63379
TRINITY LUTHERAN CHURCH
Trinity Lutheran Church
Enhanced Safety Policies & Procedures
Board of Elders’/Board of Parish Leadership Meeting
November 10, 2020
1. If you are sick in any way, please stay home! (This goes without saying)
2. We will continue to forgo sharing the peace of Christ, passing of the offering plates, and signing the attendance sheets for the week.
3. We will continue to have our communion distribution as we have had it the past two weeks.
4. All hospital visits and nursing home visits are suspended. (Most nursing homes, due to COVID, are on lockdown)
5. Homebound and shut-in communion will be “door drop” style.
6. If you come into direct contact with someone who has COVID, please self-quarantine for fourteen (14) days. Also, check with the county health department for further guidance.
7. Starting Sunday, November 15, 2020, masks or facial coverings WILL BE REQUIRED during the Divine Service at Trinity, as well as at ALL Bible Classes. Since it resumed, Sunday School has been requiring masks.
8. There will be NO SINGLE WORSHIP SERVICES on 5th Sundays.
9. Before one can enter the TLC sanctuary, they will need to have their temperature taken. A temperature of 100.4 or above will keep one from entering the sanctuary.
10. These policies and procedures will be re-evaluated at the end of 2020.
If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to contact Pastor McCracken.
“Let us not give up meeting together, as some are in the habit of doing, but let us encourage one another – and all the more as you see the Day approaching” (Hebrews 10:25).
“They devoted themselves to the apostles’ teaching and to the fellowship, to the breaking of bread and to prayer” (Acts 2:42).
· Trinity Lutheran broadcasts our Divine Worship services on Facebook and our YouTube channel.
· We will continue to celebrate the Lord’s Supper on the first, third, and fifth Sundays of the month.
· If you have a compromised immune system, or if you don’t feel safe in an increased environment, then please consider attending our 11 am Worship and sit in the front pew.
When you arrive at Trinity Lutheran Church:
· Please maintain safe social distancing, even in the parking.
· You may enter the narthex doors on either the west side or the east side of the parking lot. There will be taped spots on the carpet. Please stand there until called forward. You will enter the church, as well as exit the church from the right side of the narthex. An entire family may stand on a taped spot as long as they are safe social distanced from other worshippers.
· You will be required to apply hand sanitizer as you enter the sanctuary.
· You are now required to wear a face mask.
As you enter the Sanctuary:
· One usher (wearing a mask and gloves) will hand you a worship bulletin.
· An usher will take you to your assigned seat (pew) in the sanctuary. Please stay in your seat (pew) until the Divine Worship Service has started.
· An offering plate will be on a stand if you desire to place your tithe/offering there.
· There will be no sharing of the Peace of Christ, passing of the offering plates, or passing of the attendance clipboards.
· Once everyone is seated, the Divine Worship Service will begin.
· Should you need to leave, please walk down the middle of the aisle and an usher will hold the door open for you.
· If you need to leave the sanctuary during the service, you will need to apply hand sanitizer again “before” you re-enter the sanctuary.
When the Divine Worship Service is over:
· Each pew will have a four (4) hymnals. I am asking that each family unit share a hymnal. When the service is over, please leave the hymnals on the pews to be disinfected.
In an effort to continue to get back to some form of normalcy in the Divine Service, we have begun a new communion distribution.
First, the ushers will allow small groupings of families to come to the altar rail. If there is someone is not in your grouping, please practice safe social distancing. Pastor Garry (wearing a mask and latex gloves) will drop the wafer in your hand. An elder (wearing a mask and latex gloves) will pass by with a tray of communion wine (where you can take a cup without touching another cup). Pastor will also bless the children who come to communion with their parents. There will then be a table dismissal. Simply dispose of your individual communion at the side aisle as you go back to your pew.
Please note: When you get to the communion rail, DO NOT KNEEL NOR TOUCH IT! Then it will have to be disinfected. Just simply stand. If this is too difficult, Pastor will bring you communion to your pew. Thank You!
· An usher will dismiss you from your pew. Please maintain safe social distancing as you exit the sanctuary.
If you have come into any contact with someone who has been diagnosed with the Coronavirus, or if you feel sick on Sunday morning, please stay home!
If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to call me at either (636) 528-4999 or (314) 348-2474.
I remain in Christ,
Rev. Garry A. McCracken
Thanksgiving Eve Worship
1:00 pm & 7:00 pm