Rev. Garry A. McCracken
Cell #: 314-348-2474
(in case of emergency)
1307 Boone Street
Troy, Missouri 63379
TRINITY LUTHERAN CHURCH
On Tuesday, March 9, 2021, the Lincoln County Health Department rescinded their county-wide mask mandate. At their March 2021 meeting, the Board of Elders' voted that when the mask mandate was lifted, the mask mandate at Trinity would be lifted at well. Therefore, their is NO MASK MANDATE at Trinity Lutheran Church.
In addition, during the distribution of Holy Communion, Pastor McCracken and the assisting Elder will continue to wear masks and latex gloves.
Trinity Lutheran Church Enhanced Safety Policies & Procedures
1. If you are sick in any way, please stay home! (This goes without saying)
2. We will continue to forgo sharing the peace of Christ and passing of the offering plates.
3. We will continue to have our communion distribution.
4. Homebound and shut-in communion will be by appointment (Pastor will call you).
5. If you come into direct contact with someone who has COVID, please self-quarantine for fourteen (14) days. Also, check with the county health department for further guidance.
6. Effective Wednesday, March 10, 2021, masks or facial coverings are not required in the sanctuary, HOEVER they ARE REQUIRED to enter the church office.
7. These policies and procedures will be re-evaluated as needed.
If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to contact Pastor McCracken.
“Let us not give up meeting together, as some are in the habit of doing, but let us encourage one another – and all the more as you see the Day approaching”
“They devoted themselves to the apostles’ teaching and to the fellowship, to the breaking of bread and to prayer”
· Trinity Lutheran broadcasts our Divine Worship services on Facebook and our YouTube channel.
· We will continue to celebrate the Lord’s Supper on the first, third, and fifth Sundays of the month.
· If you have a compromised immune system, or if you don’t feel safe in an increased environment, then please consider attending our Summer Midweek Wednesday Worship at 7:00 pm or our 11:00 am Sunday Worship (sit in the front pew).
When you arrive at Trinity Lutheran Church:
· Please maintain safe social distancing, even in the parking areas.
· Please make use of the hand sanitizer dispensers as you enter the sanctuary.
· You are no longer required to wear a face mask, since the county mandate has been lifted; however you may still wear one should you choose to do so.
As you enter the Sanctuary:
· One usher (wearing a mask and gloves) will hand you a worship bulletin.
· An offering plate will be on a stand if you desire to place your tithe/offering there.
· There will be no sharing of the Peace of Christ or passing of the offering plates.
· Once everyone is seated, the Divine Worship Service will begin.
· Should you need to leave, please walk down the middle of the aisle and an usher will hold the door open for you.
· If you need to leave the sanctuary during the service, you ask that you apply hand sanitizer again “before” you re-enter the sanctuary.
When the Divine Worship Service is over:
In an effort to continue to get back to some form of normalcy in the Divine Service, we have begun a new communion distribution.
First, the ushers will allow small groupings of families to come to the altar rail. If there is someone not in your grouping, please practice safe social distancing. Pastor Garry (wearing a mask and latex gloves) will drop the wafer in your hand. An elder (wearing a mask and latex gloves) will pass by with a tray of communion wine (where you can take a cup without touching another cup). Pastor will also bless the children who come to communion with their parents. There will then be a table dismissal. Simply dispose of your individual communion at the side aisle as you go back to your pew.
Please note: When you get to the communion rail, DO NOT KNEEL NOR TOUCH IT! Then it will have to be disinfected. Just simply stand. If this is too difficult, Pastor will bring you communion to your pew. Thank You!
· An usher will dismiss you from your pew. Please maintain safe social distancing as you exit the sanctuary.
If you have come into any contact with someone who has been diagnosed with the Coronavirus, or if you feel sick on Sunday morning, please stay home!
If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to call me at either (636) 528-4999 or (314) 348-2474.
I remain in Christ,
Rev. Garry A. McCracken