Rev. Garry A. McCracken
Cell #: 314-348-2474
(in case of emergency)
1307 Boone Street
Troy, Missouri 63379
TRINITY LUTHERAN CHURCH
Trinity Lutheran Church Worship Policies & Procedures
“Let us not give up meeting together, as some are in the habit of doing, but let us encourage one another – and all the more as you see the Day approaching” (Hebrews 10:25).
“They devoted themselves to the apostles’ teaching and to the fellowship, to the breaking of bread and to prayer” (Acts 2:42).
Dear Brothers and Sisters in Christ,
On Tuesday, May 16, 2020, Gov. Mike Parson fully re-opened the state of Missouri as part of his “Show Me Strong Recovery—Phase II.” While stating that there will be no statewide health order during Phase II, Gov. Parson emphasized that the COVID 19 is not gone. He further emphasized that all citizens should be proactive and take precautions in protecting themselves, their families and their neighbors. In addition, the Lincoln County (MO) Health Department has adopted Gov. Parson’s Phase II of the Re-opening of Missouri with no further restrictions. As a result of that, all congregations in Lincoln County can open to full capacity. This applies to us at Trinity Lutheran Church.
Since there are no capacity limitations imposed, Trinity will resume a 8:30 AM and 11:00 AM Divine Worship schedule, beginning Sunday, July 5, 2020.
In preparation under Phase II of our re-opening at Trinity Lutheran Church. I strongly encourage you to wear a mask during the Divine Worship Service. This is especially important sitting in a sanctuary with increased attendance.
· Arrangements have been made to broadcast our Divine Worship services on Facebook and our YouTube channel.
· We will continue to celebrate the Lord’s Supper on the first, third, and fifth Sundays of the month.
· If you have a compromised immune system, or if you don’t feel safe in an increased environment, then please consider attending our Midweek Wednesday Worship Service at 7:00 PM. This midweek service will be held throughout the end of August.
When you arrive at Trinity Lutheran Church:
· Please maintain safe social distancing, even in the parking.
· You may enter the narthex doors on either the west side or the east side of the parking lot. There will be taped spots on the carpet. Please stand there until called forward. You will enter the church, as well as exit the church from the right side of the narthex. An entire family may stand on a taped spot as long as they are safe social distanced from other worshippers.
· You will be required to apply hand sanitizer as you enter the sanctuary.
· You are strongly encouraged, but not mandated, to wear a face mask.
As you enter the Sanctuary:
· One usher (wearing a mask and gloves) will hand you a worship bulletin. Another usher (wearing a mask and gloves) will hand you an individual communion cup. Sealed in at the top of this cup is a communion wafer. These will serve as your elements for the Rite of Holy Communion.
· An usher will take you to your assigned seat (pew) in the sanctuary. Please stay in your seat (pew) until the Divine Worship Service has started.
· An offering plate will be on a stand if you desire to place your tithe/offering there.
· There will be no sharing of the Peace of Christ, passing of the offering plates, or passing of the attendance clipboards.
· Once everyone is seated, the Divine Worship Service will begin.
· Should you need to leave, please walk down the middle of the aisle and an usher will hold the door open for you.
· If you need to leave the sanctuary during the service, you will need to apply hand sanitizer again “before” you re-enter the sanctuary.
When the Divine Worship Service is over:
· Each pew will have a four (4) hymnals. I am asking that each family unit share a hymnal. When the service is over, please leave the hymnals on the pews to be disinfected.
· Please take your individual communion cups and worship bulletin with you. There will be a trash can and recycling box for you to put them in.
· An usher will dismiss you from your pew. Please maintain safe social distancing as you exit the sanctuary.
If you have come into any contact with someone who has been diagnosed with the Coronavirus, or if you feel sick on Sunday morning, please stay home!
If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to call me at either (636) 528-4999 or (314) 348-2474.
I remain in Christ,
Rev. Garry A. McCracken
We would like to invite you to Trinity Lutheran Church’s Community Drive-Thru Sausage Dinner – a social distance Sunday Supper on Sunday, November 1, 2020, from 11:00 am until 3:00 pm. Dinner includes: delicious link pork sausage, mashed potatoes & gravy, sauerkraut, green beans, applesauce, bread and a dessert!
Adults $10.00 (includes 3 links)
Children 12 & under $6.00 (includes 2 links)
Questions? Call Trinity Lutheran Church at 636-528-4999.
Visit us on Facebook!